Friday, July 1, 2011

Fabulous Friday!

This week has flown by! I almost completely forgot about posting today, but it's been a week or so since I've posted a recipe. And today's recipe looks super yummy! I don't know about you, but for some reason higher temps make me crave fruit more. Which is why I thought this recipe is perfect. And definitely one I will be making this weekend!


Fruit Kebabs with Coconut Yogurt
Try this tip for some extra flavor and crunch: Toast the coconut in the oven until golden brown. Allow coconut to cool, then add to yogurt mixture.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 c low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 T flaked coconut
1 1/2 T reduced-sugar orange marmalade
various fruits: melon, pineapple, apples, pears, blackberries, strawberries, kiwis, etc.
NOTE: If using pear or apple, toss the cut fruit with lemon juice to prevent browning!

DIRECTIONS
Combine the yogurt, coconut and marmalade; cover and chill. Thread fruits alternately onto 20 (6-inch) wooden skewers. Serve kebabs with coconut dip on the side.

Now, for our fabulous findings. Today's finding has actually been around for a while. It's also a ton of fun to do! I'm sure everyone has heard of Zumba. Zumba is a Latin inspired dance fitness program that although can be kind of complicated, is a total blast. It's also a pretty great workout. I've had several people tell me it's not something they would want to do in front of a bunch of people. But I can honestly tell you - most of the time you are so worried about yourself and getting the steps right that you aren't paying attention to anyone else! You're too busy laughing and trying to figure out the next move! If you haven't taken a class or tried a dvd out, I highly recommend it!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment